HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMI, A LEGEND IN HS TIME!!!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Today marks the 70th birthday of a legendary man, JIMI HENDRIX. Hard to believe so many years have marched on since he passed. I grew up during the time he was a "living legend" although I was too young to have attended any of his concerts. Alas. Sigh........

Lenny reminds me of him in many ways with his amazing talent and use of his electric and acoustic guitars. Makes them sing with emotion just like Jimi did.And knowing Lenny is influenced by that master of music only makes it sweeter.

So sad that Jimi is not around today, although previously unreleased tracks come out next year. Can you imagine if he were still alive today?? I'm sure he'd be rockin' still.

Long live Jimi in our hearts. Long live Lenny in our hearts. Both iconic.

And remember what Jimi said:

"When the power of love exceed the love of power, the world will finally know peace."

Profound.

Jimi changed the world of rock and roll, so take a moment please, to remember him. Throw on a CD, or cassette, or album, of his and just listen to the power of it.

Thank-you Jimi.
You are missed.
R.I.P.

Therrese.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMI, A LEGEND IN HS TIME!!!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Tsrottweilers,

Jimi truly set the standard. A legend indeed! His quote about the "power of love" says it all... If we only Let "Love" Rule

Thanks for posting.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

2. Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMI, A LEGEND IN HS TIME!!!!

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Sad to see him gone, like Marvin Gaye also, The only consolation is that their music is timely and lives on, despite both their tragic endings.

What a world it would be if people just loved- purely, simply and with "no strings attached".......

Therese.