Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I enjoy all of LK's music but if I had to pick just one, I would have to say "5". " Black and White America" is like listening to a "new" LK era. Like wine he gets better with time. :-)

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM

They are all amazing, with such a vast array of sounds, styles and flavors to choose from. As a complete album, "It Is Time For A Love Revolution"!! "If You Want It"; "A New Door"; "This Moment Is All There Is" ~ All three became personally inspiring to me when I needed something uplifting to remind me to keep the Sprit - both mine and His - no matter how I'm feeling at the moment. "Love Revolution"; "Love, Love, Love" ~ These are just great fun ~ love to listen to them while working out or hiking in the woods. " Good Morning" is wonderfully reminiscent of the classic Beatles sound with a newer urban flair - love the YaaHaay - that's all Lenny.

Also loving the new album, especially "Push". Len if you ever read these, PLEASE record the acoustic version you do live - the raw simplicity of that really fits the message.

2. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

like you say it's a really difficult one! I love "Mama Said", "5" and "Black and White America". But if I HAD to choose just one "Mama Said" would be the one! it's a very special album for me.

3. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I love reading the reasons why you guys like certain albums. Music is a personal experience for everyone for different reasons. LK writes from his life experiences and we all get to hear it. I'm sure he appreciates and enjoys what we get from it. Thanks for your responses. Let's keep it going.
    Lenny Lover Sista.

4. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My favorite is Lenny (2001) I LOVE ALL SONGS!!!!
    LETLOVERULE.COM.AR

5. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

¡Hi LadyOuiji! It's so difficult to chose one... I met Lenny's music by "American Woman" (5) when I was 10. But then when I started to hear his music and I fall in love with Let Love Rule. So, yes, "Let Love Rule" is my favourite. Pure soul, lovely... ♥.♥!

6. RE: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:08 AM

are you gonna go my way!!!

7. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I could never pick a favorite...I love them all for different reasons! But I do agree with Lady Ouiji that Black and White America is the 'new LK era'...and I LOVE IT! I find myself listening to it almost everyday. The post about Lenny being back in the studio is exciting...what will be next?!!

8. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I like all the albums Lenny, but black and white america is musically the best

9. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM

This is such a difficult choice.But, "5" and "Circus" are my favorite.Still, every song of Lenny, can excite me.

10. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Yikes. How do you pick just one? And it changes every day. Some days "5" is my favorite. Some days "Circus" is my favorite. Love "LLR" and "Mama Said" and "Black and White America" Let's just roll all LK albums into one. That's my favorite ;)
    Theresa

11. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

It is so hard to choose, but if I had to choose one album it would be 5. I just love I Belong to You (pretty sure he wrote the song to God), love that he wrote Thinking of You to his mom,and lovethat he wrote Little Girl's Eyes to Zoe. His priorities are God and family and the album reflects that. I also love Fly Away (my ringtone on my cellphone). I like each of his albums for many reasons, depending on my mood but I guess choose this as my favorite as my absolute all time favorite song of his is I Belong To You. I love when he is singing ba ba da da da while riding the bike on the video. I could watch the video over and over!

12. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I think we can all agree that our "dream" album would be all LK's songs on ONE album.
    It seems that we all also agree that our favorite album changes with our moods.

So, try to break it down to that "GO TO" album that you seem to always end up putting on no matter what.
    Tonight, I'm into "Are You Gonna Go My Way", but I always go back to "5".

It's to easy to just pick every album.

Lenny Lover Sista.

13. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM

...i love all album from lenny...
    but my absolut favorite album are "5" and "black and white america" !!!!!!!
    here i am!!!! **smile
    ;o)))))))

14. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Go to album is 5 although loving his new black and white america album. I have a live concert cd entitled Tunnel Vision which I was think was recorded in 1995. I love it as it feels like I am at one of his concerts!

15. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:41 AM

There is NOTHING like a live album! Those are in their own category.
    Lenny Lover Sista.

16. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 4:55 AM

I'm not saying it's my favorite...that would be like choosing between my kids...but I've been listening to Love Revolution alot and it's become my favorite for the moment!

17. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM

A very difficult decision to choose one album out of such a long musical trajectory. Every time he has a new cd, that's my favourite one at that particular moment.
    Looking back, however, to his entire career, I think I will choose "Mama Said". I did myself discover him with this album and I really have fond memories of those songs and that period of time.
    I think I'm getting nostalgic, there have passed so many years since then!

18. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

LET LOVE RULE!!! Every song on that album speaks to me!! I can listen to it from cover to cover everyday!

19. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

LadyOuiji wrote:
    There is NOTHING like a live album! Those are in their own category.
    Lenny Lover Sista.

I totally agree! I love the live performances from Boston on the Let Love Rule 20th Anniversary Edition!! They are Killer That was my first LK show. The version of "Fear" is just SICK
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

20. Re: Favorite Album? If you had to pick just one...

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

angiebaby wrote:
    Go to album is 5 although loving his new black and white america album. I have a live concert cd entitled Tunnel Vision which I was think was recorded in 1995. I love it as it feels like I am at one of his concerts!

Wow, I had a live Tunnel Vision cd also, but lost it in Hurricane Katrina. It totally rocks!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give