Let Love Rule: Peace and Violence in the United States of America

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Root out the violence in your life, and learn to live compassionately and mindfully. Seek peace. When you have peace within, real peace with others is possible. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The Act of Violence is an extreme cry for understanding peace! When one desires serenity, but is faced with violence (and violence has many faces--not just killing) war is the outcome.

As individuals, we stand. As children, we learn. Parents and other adults within society become the teachers of our culture.

I pray for the families in Newton, Connecticut who have lost their loved ones at the hands of violence!!! I am so sorry for your loss! My heart grieves with yours!!" Madeline A Gouin
Let Love Rule

Madeline Gouin

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Let Love Rule: Peace and Violence in the United States of America

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Thank you for the reports. It´s nice to see really mindful persons on the forum. I hope I will be able to follow you (cos of the language).

Randy thank you for your explanation. Very interesting and revealing.

Yes, the US and the rest of the world have a "gun-problem". Or better said: the people who think that they need guns, have problems. Their problem is called FEAR. Like Madeline said: wrong perceptions, skewed interpretations....

When a 20 years old "child" kills 20 primary school kids... means...something goes wrong. Let us older parents think about : what have we taught our children? what signals have we set? which way do we live? what way do we go? our children follow us!

If we are honest, then we will notice that FEAR is all around us. The fear to survive. The fear to exist (do I come through? do I overcome? do I withstand? do I endure?) The fear not be rich enough. The fear not to be beauty enough, The fear not to be loved. The fear to get no attention. The fear what others think about us..... and so on

But as long as we all do not fight against FEAR ( the fear of the children that are not be loved and the fear of the weapon industrie that is still not rich enough) those and other massacres will happen again and again.

So dear "LET LOVE RULE" Followers , please let us all sow the seeds of love. Teach love instead of fear. Love your children and everybody else the way they are! Do not judge, do not assess, do not measure and do not evaluate in a fear-producing way. Give Love and Smile - till Fear vanishes in the air.

Behind every form of life or situation or happening, if you go deep down to the ground of reason, you will find : LOVE or FEAR.

All FEAR must be transformed into LOVE , then PEACE will come.

More than anything in this world:

LET LOVE RULE !!!!