AYGGMW 20th Anniversary

Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Hi LK fans,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the upcoming release of Are You Gonna Go My Way 20th Anniversary cd? I don't know when it will be released, but do know Mathieu Bitton is currently working on it. I cannot wait, hoping some unreleased tracks are included, along with never seen photos. That would be cool. Something to look forward to!

Let Love Rule!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: AYGGMW 20th Anniversary

Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I pre-ordered my copy...I can't wait for AYGGMW20!
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

2. Re: AYGGMW 20th Anniversary

Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Aug

Yes! Lenny Kravitz’s “Are You Gonna Go My Way” Remastered & Deluxe Edition Will Be Released September 24th!
    Has it really been 20 years since "Are You Gonna Go My Way" from Lenny Kravitz has been released?

In honor of that, on September 24th there will be a 2 CD and digital edition which will have 20 bonus tracks including 10 previously unreleased recordings from Lenny's personal archive!
    From the press release:

Among the new Deluxe Edition's previously unreleased recordings are six demos and outtakes from the Are You Gonna Go My Way album sessions, as well as three early demos Kravitz recorded for Vanessa Paradis' self-titled 1992 album, which he produced. "I May Not Be A Star (Light Piece For Vanessa)" has never been released in any form, while "Travelogue" and "Lonely Rainbows" were finished and recorded by Paradis for the album. A previously unreleased BBC Radio interview is also included, and acoustic versions of "Believe," "Sister," and "Heaven Help" and seven official B-sides are also featured, completing the commemorative reissue of this epic album.
    DISC ONE
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    1. Are You Gonna Go My Way
    2. Believe
    3. Come On And Love Me
    4. Heaven Help
    5. Just Be A Woman
    6. Is There Any Love In Your Heart
    7. Black Girl
    8. My Love
    9. Sugar
    10. Sister
    11. Eleutheria
    Bonus Tracks (The B-sides)
    12. Spinning Around Over You
    13. Ascension
    14. All My Life
    15. Brother
    16. Someone Like You
    17. For The First Time
    18. B-Side Blues

DISC TWO
    The Acoustic Versions:
    1. Believe (Acoustic Version)
    2. Sister (Acoustic Version)
    3. Heaven Help (Acoustic Version)
    Work In Progress: Demos & Outtakes:
    4. Work Like The Devil*
    5. Feeling Alright (Instrumental)*
    6. Getting Out (Will You Marry Me)*
    7. Good Lovin'*
    8. Blood (Instrumental)/Papa (Long And Sad Goodbye)*
    9. Early Morning Blues*
    The Vanessa Paradis Demos:
    10. I May Not Be A Star (Light Piece For Vanessa)*
    11. Travelogue (Your Love Has Got A Handle On My Mind)*
    12. Lonely Rainbows*
    13. BBC Interview with Mick Wilcox*

This is awesome!-DocFB

Diagnosis: This project was produced and designed by Mathieu Bitton who also wrote the liner notes. LK wrote an intro for it as well.

All this info. is from Dr. Funkenberry. Credit to Dr. Funkenerry. I just wanted to share. Heres link:
    http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2013/08/19/yes-lenny-kravitzs-are-you-gonna-go-my-way-remastered-deluxe-edition-will-be-released-september-24th/

3. Re: AYGGMW 20th Anniversary

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM

WooHoo!!! I am Soooooooo Excited for this release!!!! This is my FAVORITE LK album!! I only wish that they would also do another clear vinyl limited edition LP. I know, I know, not cost effective. But what a treat that would be for us Die-Hard Lenny Lovers!!!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

4. Re: AYGGMW 20th Anniversary

Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM

The countdown is on!!! One week to go! So excited!!!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give