On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM, tsrottweilers said:

Happy New Years to everyone!

It was bittersweet for me.....

Was able to spend it with good friends and also my dear dog Tika, who was released to me on Christmas Eve from my vets' clinic. My two vets there, and their staff went the extra mile to care, support and assist not only her but me as well. I am so thankful for their efforts.

It is with a very heavy heart that Tika left my loving arms yesterday at the vets, to continue her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Where she is free fron CRF, and whole again and healthy and with all the other dearly departed and beloved pets. Mine and everyone elses.

Tika was a very brave gal and endured endless blood draws, I.V therapy, meds. more injections, more tests, daily home infusions, etc. and she rallied and hung in there due to her resilient and strong spirit.

Pets love unconditionally and she and I had a strong bond that will never be broken. I know I will see you again my sweet dog.

I miss her so dreadfully and my heart is broken, but it was the "right thing to do." I had to gvie her back to her Creator, who now holds her in His loving arms. He created my magnificent Tika, and I need to thank you God for granting me some very precious extra time with her before she grew tired and lost her battle with CRF.

I dedicate this to her and to anyone fighting a personal battle, whether their "loved one" is a person or a pet. We all love, and letting go unselfishlessly is so tough, and I understand yet again the process of living and dying with as much conviction and dignity as possible.

R.I.P. NORTH EAST'S TIKA 1479 aka Tika.

"I Belong to You" and You, Tika, you will always belong to me.......

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM, tsrottweilers said:

Emma~

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences. Pets are such an integral and essential part of our lives. They grace us with their devotion, undying love, and companionship. You did all you could and I understand your grief and raw pain.

I do appreciate the other emails I have received also. Thank-you so much, and I do apologize for not responding promptly. The dificult voyage that Tika and I are on is a day-to-day one, where we have our little triumphs (eating a little, keeping the food and meds. down, feeling more like her old self.....) but I know her travels towards God at the Rainbow Bridge will happen, so I cherish the time we have right now.

Wishing everyone a blessed, wonderful, happy 2013.

I will try and visit this great site when able.

3. Emma avatar

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Emma said:

Hi Therese, so sorry to hear about Tika. Hope you managed to spend Christmas with her. I lost one of my cats a few weeks ago, on the 5th December. She had a stroke and died a few days later. She was 10 and had been with me since she was 3 weeks old. I was her "mummy", I bottle fed her, got her to start walking... I totally understand what you must be feeling right now, they do become members of the family like Ana said. I really do hope the vets can do sth for her, but if not, then I hope she has a peaceful painless voyage to the" Rainbow Bridge". Fingers crossed & praying all goes well. Take care Em.

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM, tsrottweilers said:

THANK-YOU all for your prayers and well-wishes. My gal, North East's Tika 1479, aka Tika, was able to spend Christmas Eve with my former foster dog, North East's Cleopatra 1453, aka Cleo, and me. And the 3 of us went to a dear friends' house for Christmas Day, to celebrate.

Her prognosis is not good-she has CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) and all I can do is help her enjoy her time on this earth as best I can while she is able, and maintain her with the meds. and treatments, till God calls her to the Rainbow Bridge.

I am heart-broken and wished things were different.....But I thank-you for your prayers and thoughts for my dear sweet gal. I am also thankful for the compassionate, wonderful yet skilled vets that have carried her though the last week and also the staff there.

Sending late MERRY CHRISTMAS wishes to all!

Sincerely,

5. Ana Mena avatar

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Ana Mena said:

Hello Therese,
    I'm very moved for your words and I can fully understand you as I also have a dog. I wish you and Tika all the best. Pets really become members of the family and it hurts a lot. My thoughts are with you. Take care.
    Hugs from Barcelona.
    Ana

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Muzikliluvnlife said:

Hi Therese, praying for strength and healing for you and Tika. May God's blessings be upon you both.

7. LLR avatar

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM, LLR said:

Already done! I also sent in a special prayer that God keeps you strong in this difficult time.

8. ELZA avatar

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM, ELZA said:

Therese,
    I'm doing mine, the words of Norma.

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM, tsrottweilers said:

Thank-you Norma, so much. I also believe in the power of prayer also.

I saw her today at my vets clinic and she had eaten better and drank more. If I can figure out how to post a pic. here I will. Only time will tell if she can be with me and my friends to celebrate Christmas one more time, God willing.

Odd how I noticed the delay, but I just checked and found my post at my wall about the same subject.

Taking it day-by-day as she is still not stabilized fully.

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Norma said:

Therese, I believe in the power of prayer and will pray for your dog,Tika. I hope that her health improves and that you can be together for Christmas. Love & peace.